11 January 2006

My New Blog...

I'm hoping to have this blog running for a while. I have a tendency to just start one and then forget about it and then I forget my sign-in name and all of that...so hopefully this one will be a bit better...

Okay...so I moved to London from the US in 2004 for a job. I love my job, the place where I work, I enjoy most of the people I work with and generally am happy that I moved over here. Socially I'm still working on adjusting to moving over as a 30-something woman, a scenario that always makes it difficult. As you get older, if you are single, it's tough making new friends. But I'm working on it! I even joined an expat website, http://www.uk_yankee.com, and it's brilliant. This past weekend I went to one of the women's birthday parties in Guildford - it was nice to get out of London and hang with some Americans who are a hoot. But I do like my Brit friends I've made so far...and hoping to make more!

I did meet a guy within the first few months of moving over - really, I wasn't looking - and we're mad crazy in love. And talking marriage. So being in my late 30s I'm kinda hoping that this engagement thing will happen soon. But his family is an issue - they are from India and they don't approve of this non-Indian woman getting her claws into their son. I'm the evil American woman who will divorce him and take all his money (I think I earn more actually than he does so perhaps he'd get MY money). They won't even meet me to see if I'm an okay person. I accept their displeasure but come on...I'm a good person, well educated, have a decent paying job...and I adore their son! So we're out last week at dinner and he tells me - 'I was going to ask you to marry me at New Years, but we were tired & besides, my mom wants to have a one-on-one with me so I thought I'd wait.' Uggggggghhhhhhh! So...when's it going to happen? But I'm positive about our feelings about each other so there is hope!

As for everything else...life is generally good & I can be a positive person...so I'll try that for a while. ;-) Anyway - I'll try to post during the week as much as I can and tell you more as I go along...

No comments: