15 January 2006

His father went to far!


Yesterday R.'s father wrote him an email that just went too far. He said that it was most likely that I had several abortions, that I had fleed to the UK as I had nothing in the US due to how I lived there, that I had come to the UK to find a naive and stupid man to trap and once I got 'him', I would then leave and take him for all he was worth. Can you say, yuck?! That may be the antithesis of my story. I have not had several abortions, I had many choices for jobs in the US but decided that as I was single this was the time to take this adventure, I could have married a millionnaire in the States but decided the money wasn't worth the idiocy, and I make more than R. so it's actually HIM that could get money from me if we split!

R. is about to kill his dad. He was SO ANGRY last night he wanted to cry or hit something. I don't know if his dad knows that he just put the nail on the coffin cause now my bf refuses to speak to his parents, he emailed him back saying that he will not be going over to their house any time in the near future as they have insulted both him and me. He WAS hoping that his parents would reconcile to the idea of us together before we got engaged, but now he's decided that he just doesn't care any more...and right now he'd prefer not to have them as part of our life. I feel badly for R.. And sorry for his parents - they just are sad, sad people for doing this.

Edited for a bit later:
Just found out that R.'s dad has bascially told him that if this goes through he wants the money back that he gave him to buy his flat. Which would mean that R. would have to sell this place. And it's a good place for the money...nice space, clean, decent (though not preferable) location. I guess he'd sell it and then we'd try to get a place together...if I can get a morgage here! But what an assy thing to do to your son. I can't believe that in this day and age, in Britain, that there are parents who'd go so far...he even told him this morning that he'd commit suicide. How cruel is that?

No comments: