12 January 2006

The Ring

So last night R. (the bf) was feeling a bit talkative..we chatted about his parents' reaction to our relationship and the pain that he was in due to this. I feel so badly for him as he truly loves his parents and wants their approval for this relationship. Who wouldn't? He knows that they need him in a lot of ways and that they're going to get a shock when after we marry he refuses to go over there unless I become welcome. I'm not looking forward to that! On the positive side, he is still very much into our relationship and having it go on. In fact he asked me if I liked a particular engagement ring. While it was not the perfect ring for me, I'm not really a jewelry person so I don't mind what it looks like - what he showed me was a 5 diamond ring set within the ring that was yellow & white gold. In a way that might be the best - white & yellow gold - as I can then wear whatever and not have it 'clash'. And I do like rings that I can wear all the time and not have to worry about ripping myself to shreds. No big honkin' diamond solitaire for me! I guess I also don't see the point of spending several thousands of pounds for this - not when we want to someday move into a house or a nicer flat in a decent area of NW London!

No comments: