23 June 2006

Countdown!

So excited! So very excited! Less than 24 hours to go until I leave the UK for New York City! I haven't been back to the States for over a year and can't wait to be back. I love living over here but there are a few things that I do miss (though not enough to move back):

  • My family - while I've never been a homebody & my family is spread all over the place, it will be absolutely wonderful to see them all
  • My friends - I haven't seen a few of them in over 2 years...can't wait! And I have to say that it's a testimony to all of us that we've kept some of these friendships going.
  • My dog - I truly miss Amber. She's the cutest big ol' lab...I'll take pics when I go home to post them.
  • Mexican food - you just can't get a really good bit of Mexican or even a terrific burrito.
  • Maine lobster
  • Pierogies - again, you just can't get them easily. I guess I could more easily get to Poland from here...but still!
  • The rolling hills of PA - in the summer, there is such green that it's gorgeous

The "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song is still being sung in my household (particularly by R.) and packing has begun. We've printed out all our reservations, found our passports & drivers licenses, saved up our dosh....yup, we're ready to get a move on it. USA - here I come! Watch out NYC!

No comments: