29 June 2006

Snippets

* Arrived at Heathrow and got in line (a short one for once) to go to the ticket counter. I looked at the guy who was serving us. I swear I had met him before. But figured I must be wrong. We finished with checking in our bags and he said, "Hey...have I served you before? You look familiar.". Bingo!

* Turned the wrong way while trying to find a pizza joint. Got a bit lost in downtown NYC. But in doing so found R. a few pairs of Levi 501s...2 pairs for less than the price of one in London. And I got to wander around Sephora.

* Finally found our way to Greenwhich Village/Soho area & found John's Pizzaria. Soooo good. Definitely go if you are anywhere near Bleeker St. Mmmm. Even bought the cool black & red women's tee.

* Keen's Steakhouse. Try it. Great steak & cool atmosphere. Less than we thought it would be (though not cheap either).

* Driving through the flood waters to get to Pennsylvania. Glad daddy was driving and not me. We did make it. And there isn't a flood. But it was close and a lot of roads are still closed. The bridge at the end of our road is out...but luckily we can go the opposite direction.

* GOT MY ENGAGEMENT RING! It's simple, small and pefectly formed. It's an 18K white gold band with a small tension set diamond. The diamond is a very good one. Love the sparkle! The magpie in me is quite pleased. R's credit card is quite pleased that I didn't do too much damage.

* Hanging with the fam. My brother & sister-in-law were evacuated so they stayed here with us. Luckily dad & step-mom have a big home. Poor R. was given a family quiz. He got an 'A' though! The fam is impressed!

So, we're off to shop in a bit. Think the roads may be open to do so. Woohoo! More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having a good time. So glad to hear that your family is ok in PA - so far everyone I know in the area are ok as well. Any chance for pics of the lovely ring?

UKYankee said...

Will put up a pic as soon as we get back to UK! Thanks!