19 June 2006

In My Mind's Eye...

So - how's "No Fat Talk Week" going for you? I have stopped myself from talking abotu my body several times. It's bringing to mind just how much I focus on my body. And I'm hoping that it's going to get better as the week goes on. Perhaps some time in the future, I'll focus more on how my brain is working...believe me, as you get older it's something to truly think about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In London, it's a law that you cannot ride your bike on the sidewalk. And most people don't have a problem with this law. And I don't mind the odd kid on the sidewalk as it scares me to see them on the busy streets. But today, on my way back home from grocery shopping, a guy, about my age or so, decided he needed to ride his bike on our crowded sidewalks. And he wasn't weaving in and out, trying to get our of OUR way...no...he was expecting people to move for him. And people did.

Now, I see myself as a kind, compassionate, caring person. I do the right thing toward people. I love my fellow man (especially R!). But right as the guy passed by me on the road side of the sidewalk, I wanted to push him into traffic. Yes, me, a nice girl, a caring mentor, could literally envision myself pushing his lame arse off the bike, onto the road, and could see him get squooshed like the cockroach that he was.

I am not a mean person. But man, sidewalk-rage really hit today.

No comments: