19 June 2006

The Travel Bug

Five more days!!! Only five more days and I'll be on my way to the States. I am so excited to be heading away with R. And just as excited to see my family.

Last night I called my brother's place as I knew my dad would be there. "Happy Father's Day" and all that had to be said...but I also got to talk to my bro, my step-mom and my wonderful sis-in-law. It reminded me of who I had left behind. Not enough for me to want to move back to small town PA, but enough to REALLY, REALLY get me excited about coming over for a visit!

So the visit will go as follows:

A few days on our own in NYC. I haven't been there in ages. In fact that last time I went I was there for a job interview. Not exactly a visit. And R. has never been (well, he's never been to the States). So, we're going to go and see the Empire States Building, take the hop-on-hop-off bus all over the place and ride the ferry to Lady Liberty & Ellis Island. And of course, we'll do a lot of eating, walking around and window shopping! Then my step-mom and dad will show up to join us one night for dinner and a bit of touring around before taking us back to PA.

In Pa we'll do the ring & clothing shopping as well as seeing family and friends. I'm sure there will be stories galore!

Off to Boston for lobster, then my cousin's place on the beach in DE, followed by friends and fun in DC. A plane ride to Denver where my bestest of all friends live, Jnet, to go hiking, spa-ing and more food & fun.

Then finally the family in Albuquerque. Yup - LOTS of family.

So - in 5 days I'll be heading toward an adventure of family & friends, food & shops...and I'll try my best to keep y'all up to date. Cause there's gotta be a bunch of stories to tell. And at the least, it will be a record for me to remember - R's first visit to my home. Hopefully one we'll take for many years in the future.

No comments: