02 June 2006

Date Night

Recently, R & I have been homebodies. We have found a couple of shows we enjoy watching and we've made it a mission to get home in time to watch them. Last week, we decided that our lives ought not be ruled by Invasion or Lost (I know they are over in the States...we get them later here in England) with the one exception being an Arsenal game (in the future). So we have begun to tape the shows and try to have nights OUT!

Last night was our first 'date night' in a while. Instead of coming home and changing into our pj's and sitting around watching t.v. or reading or playing on the internet, we stayed in our grown-up clothing and went out to dinner. I have to say that R. looked very HOT! He was wearing his black suit with a pink/red stripe shirt. Yummy! I went with cute and wore a black knee length peasant skirt and a black with embroidered flower shirt...with my hair back but still down...sorta a romantic look with my curls.

We went to an Italian restaurant that has only been open about 1 year. I discovered it soon after it opened and have gone a few times but never with Roy. They make the BEST pizza crusts I've had...light yet with substance, thin and slightly chewy. MMMMMM! I had a calzone and R. had an Americano (with pepperoni) pizza. Sheer delight. We then tried an Italian white wine (red doesn't work well with my bod for some reason) which tasted like honey & melon. We talked about our plans, we made fun of each other and R sweetly kissed my hand several times. It was very romantic...something we had needed to inject into our relationship.

On the way home, we both remarked that it had been a nice evening and that we have to do it more often. We then got into our pj's and cuddled. Yes, a nice night indeed.

No comments: