21 June 2006

Happy 100th!

Like many little girls, I wrote in journals. I think there has to be a few of my old ones, from youth to young adulthood, up in the attic of my childhood home. I never really wrote more than a few at a time, which I think is a shame. I wish I could go back and get a better glimpse of what my life was at that time. The thing about growing older is that you start to lose some of your memories about your youth. There are small glimmers from high school, but so many less than I would have thought. I wish that I had wrote more about my thoughts back then...it would have helped me quite a bit in my current role.

And quite honestly, that's one reason I decided to begin this blog. I didn't want to lose out entirely on my first few years in London. I have already forgotten the beginning fears and angers and joys of my first year here, but at least I'll always have something down on the rest of my life here. And I'll be very proud of myself if I can keep it up!

I've moved a bit toward writing about more than life in Britian and have written about other things, but I think that just reflects on my state of mind at the time or what I'm being exposed to. I think it'll make an interesting read in a few years. And if I have the 'luck' of having others read my blog and getting even a smidge of pleasure from it, then even better!

So, here I am, on my 100th posting. Not bad for a slacker like me.

No comments: