14 June 2006

Lost...in...space......

I had the best idea for a post while lying in bed last night. It was going to be awesome, something I would want to go back and read again (like everything on here, of course! hee hee). It flitted in and out of my consciousness, striking me with its brilliance. I was sure that I'd remember today. I was sure that it was such an amazing idea that there was no way I'd forget. I didn't recall the power of my mind, or lack thereof. Yes, folks, it's gone. Done and dusted. And like all night time fancies...it has trickled away. Perhaps somewhere my subconscious will bring it back another day. But until then...a sad memory.

It's something I've kinda got used to, so I should have known better. I'm always being told that memory is lost as you age, and to be frank, I'm screwed. If confronted with having to remember a name, it's gone - even if it's having to introduce my best friend since I was 7. Being told about a meeting and not having paper is an absolute nightmare to me - by the time I walk to my office, not only will I forget when it is but also it's existence. Sigh. I have more paper on me than one ought - but it keeps my life in tow. And if I ever lose my diary (calendar), then I will be lost...adrift. Just leaving it at home makes me squirm.

So the lesson is - write ideas down, let my future spouse know that he needs to introduce himself and never, ever, lose my diary!

No comments: