01 June 2006

Summer time, and the living is...

It's June 1st. A day that I consider to be summer. Yes, June is definitely summer. And yet, I was still wearing a longish coat to work. And I'm at work. And it's not sunny. Bah!

There is a national obsession with discussing the weather in England. And now that I've been here almost 2 years, I can say that I understand why. In one day, you may get sun, rain & hail. It can be 20 degrees C (~70 F) in February and yet on the first day of June it's only supposed to be a high of 15 degrees C (~60 F). And yet, this weekend is supposed to be glorious! Sigh.

I don't mind the English weather we get in London (it's much warmer than up North). But I'm ready to wear my flip-flops. I'm ready to break out the tee-shirts to wear to work, without fear of hypothermia.

The worst thing is that my mom emails me from Albuquerque, NM and tells me about the 90 degree F temps & sunny skies. Even dad, in PA, is enjoying warmer weather than here. And they are mean, mean people for gloating about it. But then again...I'm in London and they're not. (ha)

June 1st. 2-1/2 weeks until my vacation to the States for 3 weeks. I'll probably hate how warm & humid it is and then return to the cooler London weather. And complain about that too. Oh, well...when in London, complain like a Londoner!

No comments: